PC Build - Wifes New Alder Lake Gaming System
This PC was built quickly to replace an older system that had failed. I didn’t have time to wait for parts to come in the mail. I needed everything within a day or so. I picked up all the parts in person at Microcenter.
I purchesed these parts on March 26, 2022.
Parts - Details Pages:
- MSI MAG CORELIQUID P240 AIO Water Cooler
- Western Digital Red Pro Hard Drive - 4TB
- Lian Li - Lancool 205 Mesh - ATX Case
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
- Asus B660M-PLUS TUF Gaming WiFi D4 Mother Board
- EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GT PSU
- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 16GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 - RAM
- Core i7 12700K Alder Lake CPU
Where is the GPU?
We haven’t bought one yet….
As of March 2022 GPU prices were still pretty crazy due to logistics and the chip shortage. They are starting to come down now which is pretty nice. We may end up adding a GPU soon but we will see.
In terms of performance the built in GPU is actually about on part with the dedicated GPU that was present in her old system.