Mac Book Pro 2019 - 16 Inch
The new 16 inch Mac Book Pro released in 2019 is a huge improvement from previous some generations. This one came with a few major notable changes along with other hardware updates:
- 16 inch screen - Apple increased the screen size without changing form factor. It basically has a smaller bezel around the screen.
- Fixed keyboard - It has scissor keys instead of butterfly keys. This results in fewer key failures and a better typing experience.
- Physical escape key
This generation uses USB-C for all data ports and power.
Here is a quick video I shot where you can listen to me rambling on about my Mac Book Pro:
Here is the Mac Book Pro that I have on Amazon HERE. Mine is space gray though.
I love this laptop. This thing is excellent. I enjoy using it and I’ve gotten so much work done with it.
Reasons to buy a Mac Book Pro:
- Specific software that you need or want ( ex: iMovie, Final Cut Pro )
- Build quality ( match by very few others, ex: some Surface models )
- You prefer working with OSX ( personal preference ).
- OSX is just really slick
- Works great with iPhones, iPads, and Apple watches
Reason I bought this Mac Book Pro:
- I’ve always wanted one.
Reasons NOT to buy a Mac:
- Higher cost for the same parts
- Not everyone likes OSX
- Not everyone likes Apple
I’m primarily a Linux user but I switch between Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX on a daily basis.
Here is a teardown video from iFixit that you should watch:
Amazon affiliate disclosure statement We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.