Raspberry Pi - How To Connect and Enable Camera
If you’ve just bought the Raspberry Pi camera you are going to need to know how to connect it. If you’ve never done this before it might not be very obvious how the ribbon cable is meant to be connected. It isn’t as straightforward as just plugging in a USB device. You are also going to need to know how to enable the camera.
Steps to connect a Raspberry Pi camera:
- Find the CSI port ( between the HDMI port and ethernet port )
- Pull the tab up and slightly towards the ethernet port but not out completely.
- Slide the end of the flex cable into the port firmly. Make sure the pins are fading towards the HDMI port.
- The tab should then be pushed back into place. This should hold the cable in place firmly.
Steps to enable the camera on the Raspberry Pi from the command line:
- Run this command to launch the config tool:
- Select these options:
Interfacing Options ==> Camera ==> Enter ==> Yes ==> Ok ==> Finish
Steps to enable the camera on the Raspberry Pi from the desktop GUI tool:
- Launch the “Raspberry PI Configuration” tool from the start menu
- Go to the “Interfaces” tab
- Select “Enabled” for the Camera
- Click “OK”